Saturday, August 20, 2011

No I'm not Anna. Don't jail me, I support corruption . . .

I wasn't really born when the saga started. End of first trimester & I wanted to know my sex, for a small premium on the fee the ultra-sonologist obliged me. Happy to learn that I was a male I decided to abort abortion.
At 9 months I could have descended the normal channel but my obstetrician did not want to take any chances (or lose opportunity) so I came out the Caesarian way - that was my first lesson in opening the alternate doors.
The obstetrician in her rush completely forgot the technical flaw in my date of birth - I didn't want to lose a year of school due to this chronological blunder. The remedy, however, was simple & the MCD clerk didn't charge too much for tweaking my almanac.
What was not easy was the entry to the school. I called all my connections & pulled all the string to get myself a seat. When nothing worked I took to the old trusted route - and actually what is wrong in supporting the forever under construction school building?
Thereafter, life was simple. School projects were simple digital exercises in reassembling the downloaded data - it also helped me keep my parents occupied. I didn't have to stoop too low to buy leaked question papers, I could afford the / de capitation. And taking private tuition classes from the teachers ensured a comfortable passage through the exam trail.
I could become anything a doctor, engineer, a police officer, a politician, a business man, a lawyer, a judge, a clerk in the office or even a senior IAS officer - I had the basic qualification common to all. So I come in many Avatars: When I'm a doctor I forget Hippocrates & go ahead to cut where a gentle touch could do wonders, when I'm an engineer I cut corners to fatten my dough, when I'm police it's easy I don't need to do anything & they just keep filling my pockets, as a business man I work hard to earn & harder to hide from taxes, when I drive I'm in my own world where there are no rules and you will never find in my actions what you would hear in the words that I preach. Sports doesn't mean that you have to play hard to earn gold - the real game is off the field which I play to my last breath.
I feast when they fast or some starve. Money is my God & corruption is my religion. Call me a pedigreed Indian if you will, but don't accuse me of being Anna . . .

3 comments:

Dr Kaushiki Dwivedee said...

Even I thought,if so many Indian's are supporting Anna Hazare,who actually is corrupt?If everyone is anti corruption then whom are Indians opposing?It can't be just the politicians and Ministers!!
It is every where me..... you.......him .......and her......

Dyslexicon said...

And just like charity, the cleansing should begin at home . . .

~ ॐ ~ said...

I remember reading and liking this earlier!